Friday, March 19, 2010

Now I know!!!

Yesterday I was on the phone with one of the government bodies people. The conversation was like this:

Government: Hello, Selamat tengahari
Me: Selamat tengahari. saya ada satu soalan yang saya nak tanya * without introducing myself*
Government:Apa yang boleh saya bantu *Without asking my name either*
Me:Owh ok, saya ada *yada yada yada* bla bla bla..

15 mins later,

Gov:Harap jawapan saya dapat membantu lah.
Me: Iyer, Terima Kasih.
Gov: Assalamualaikum
Me:*Stunned* O...K... bye.

I was so stunned when that person greet me like a Muslim instead of saying the word BYE. I was shocked and when I told my friends, you know what most of them asked at the first place?

"Did u introduced yourself by TELLING YOUR NAME?"

I was like erk, NO!. Its my fault for not telling my name and it made me realised no wonder la when stranger speaks to me in BM, they will looked stunned and starts asking me whether I am Nyonya or not....*=.=!* Now I know, when people do not know me, for instance like the incident mentioned above, people straight away assumed that I am a Muslim! but its okay since I am okay with it, not offended by that.=)

Proud to be what I am....=D

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com